Monday, April 06, 2009

Just when i thought i had...

I walked for a very long time...
They stood by the sidelines egging me on... ‘Go on go for it... your almost there...just a few more steps & you’ll be there'
But every time I’d get closer... they’d say that I needed to walk a little more or chide me for having lost my way....

The journey had been eventful, lots to learn - I’d slip, I’d fall, made friends who’d break my fall... but with each event that set me back I knew I had to dust myself off, look ahead and walk on... I had to.. I had to get to that finish line remember?
The light had begun to fade... Faster than I had expected...But I knew where I was going... I could see the finish line clearly...

It’s been a while since I started walking... 3 long years ...and I thought I had almost reached the finish line... A victory undoubtedly...That’s what they’d told me they’d call it....

I am here now.. at the finish line... But, there’s no one. They’d told me they’d be there to celebrate my victory... But...I am all alone...

I should have guessed; it was only the 1st Goal post... & there were more up ahead..

No wonder there wasn’t any fan fare.

How silly of me to even expect it... (i thought to myself)

But.....

Didn’t I finish?

Or....

Did no one Notice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home