Thursday, February 23, 2006

Scene 1:

I met some one today.
No, no it was one of those chance meetings at the most unpredictable places.

Cut to:

It’s 6 am.
I struggle with my bag alternating it’s weight on either shoulder.

I am at the Airport.
The damn place. It’s no better than a railway platform mobbed by office goers during rush hour!
…where in God’s name did exclusivity loose her way I wonder.

I make my way around the hordes, and finally find stand myself in well: a relatively free line.
As I wait my turn for the customary chat with an overly made up flight attendant I casually scan the tediously long lines.


The Film Title: Generally the Crux of every Bollywood film.


Suddenly out of nowhere, I see a familiar face in the crowd.
The madness increasingly making sense.

It was HIM!


Flashback:
I was only 18 then.
Love I’d liked to believe.
It didn’t last.
My heart broken. My love lost.

Birthdays, a wedding invitation, a bonny baby.
We’d kept in touch occasionally.


Scene 2:
Well almost impulsively I sized him up.
He'd changed. Well a lot more prosperous..
But somehow still the same.

…There was warmth in that hug.
No bad blood. No hurt.
Time had healed.


It was brief.
Just two good old friends. Catching up.
We chatted. Reminisced.
It was nice.


Climax: Well you could blame it on the scriptwriter, call it a bad movie, a waste of time.
Well all I can say is:
Life’s moved on…

THE END.

Credits…

1 Comments:

Blogger PPP said...

sweet:)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home