Saturday, April 08, 2006

SPEECH TITLE: HAPPINESS

THE VERSE:
‘HAPPINESS
A state of delirium, an overstated belief of a wandering mind.
We seek it more than the basics of nature.
WHY?
I ask myself time and again
And yet gifted are those who pause to look for that moment that fills them with happiness.
My question: What is being Happy?
Money, Great Job, warm family, fantastic friends.
Is that all?
Since when did externalities become the very basis of happiness I ask?
Whatever happened to being intrinsically happy?
Is this being gifted?
I rather challenge it’s very premise then.

..What am I getting at?

Ok here it is.
The question is: Are you HAPPY?
And if you are, can you attribute it to being at peace with yourself rather than dependence on a source outside of you?
Pause for a minute.
Think.
Look within and set your self on the course to finding peace and happiness.
It’s the only thing that will last.’

APPLAUSE.

……. (Aside)
No. I don’t intend preaching.
Cut me some slack guys, it’s in some way my way of finding my way back HOME.

1 Comments:

Blogger PPP said...

Nice, I like the thought. :)

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home