Tuesday, May 02, 2006

PEACE at last

It’s not that she hadn’t spoken up
She had confessed.
It had been difficult. But she knew there wasn’t another way
Confused. Vulnerable. Bitter sometimes even Scared
A bundle of contradictions

They’d heard her.
Some took advantage of her state
Some offered advice. But none gave it an honest thought
“They said, you think too much.
It’s ok. Everyone goes thru it”
If only they had listened…

It’s windy now... I can hardly hear my self think.
There are voices. They are saying things to me...
It’s too loud. Wait!

“Get up you stupid bitch! Pull up your socks
Cool, Casual, frivolous
Am glad at least someone’s happy the way I turned out
He hasn’t called. I hope I don’t look over done
You’re under my skin. I bleed...”


At least this time the finish line won’t be a mirage.

Come to think of it the world suddenly seems small.
An army of ants working their way around.
It’s time. I’ve waited so long.

“Ma all I want is to be free.
Free as a bird with the wind beneath my wings”


No one to lay down the rules.

“It’s finally what I want.
Not out of choice though.
Forgive me Ma. There really wasn’t another way out.”


The news was abound with the story.
Over a 100ft, that’s how high she fell.
There she lay lifeless, in a pool of blood.
They said she looked radiant, at peace.
Some called it cowardly.
They didn’t care. They all made them stories.

“Ma all I want is to be free.
Free as a bird with the wind beneath my wings”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home